The latest edition of ATEMatters from Legal Protection Group, brings you our view on the latest key legal judgments and decisions we think anyone involved with litigation and costs funding should be taking note of.
This month we highlight cases involving:
- An example of the ‘Denton’ test in practice regarding notice of funding and success fees
- The appropriateness of issue based costs following a preliminary trial
- Seeking a contribution to a professional negligence settlement from a third party
- The burden of proof when it comes to mitigating loss
- The production of documents referred to in a witness statement
As always, if you have any comments on ATEMatters or would like to discuss anything to do with ATE insurance and case funding, please do get in touch as we are only too happy to assist if possible.
ATEMatters May 2022